This Privacy Statement explains our practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of certain information, including your personal information, by the GoldenEyeTV ("GETV").
For any questions concerning your account, please visit our online help center at https://help.goldeneyetv.com where you will also find information on how to contact our Customer Service for assistance. For questions specifically concerning this Privacy Statement, or our use of your personal information, cookies or similar technologies, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address: GoldenEyeTV Inc., XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, Houston, TX XXXXXXX U.S.A. Attention: Privacy.
GETV Inc. (address above) is providing the service to you and is the data controller.
Please note that if you contact us to assist you, for your safety and ours, we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
• Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us which includes:
• Your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions; and
v Information collected when you choose to provide reviews or ratings, taste preferences, account settings, set preferences in Your Account or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
v Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your use of our service, your interactions with us, our advertising, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as gaming systems, smart TVs, mobile devices, and set top boxes). This information includes:
v Your activity on the GETV service, such as title selections, watch history and search queries;
v Details regarding your interactions with customer service, such as the date, time and reason for contacting us, transcripts of any chat conversations, and if you call us, your phone number;
v Device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, IP address and standard web log information;
v Information from other sources: We might supplement the information described above with information we obtain from other sources, including from both online and offline data providers. Such supplemental information could include demographic data, interest based data, and Internet browsing behavior.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use the information we collect for:
v Determining your general geographic location, providing localized content, providing you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for movies and TV shows we think will be enjoyable, determining your Internet service provider and helping us quickly and efficiently respond to inquiries and requests
v Preventing, detecting and investigating potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and enforcing our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
v Analyzing and understanding our audience; improving our service (including our user interface experiences), delivery optimization, content selection, and recommendation algorithms;
v Communicating with you concerning our service (for example by email, push notifications and text messaging), so that we can send you news about GETV, details about new features and content available on GETV, and special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. Please see the "Your Choices" section of this Privacy Statement to learn how to set or change your communications preferences.
Disclosure of Information
We disclose your information for certain purposes and to third parties, as described below:
• The GETV family: We share your information among the GETV major shareholders and managers as needed for: data processing and storage; providing you with access to our services; providing customer support; making decisions about service improvements, content development; and for other purposes described in the Use of Information section of this Privacy Statement.
• Service Providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors ("Service Providers") to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services to you. For example, we engage Service Providers to provide marketing, advertising, communications, infrastructure and IT services, to personalize and optimize our service, to process credit card transactions or other payment methods, to provide customer service, to collect debts, to analyze and enhance data (including data about users' interactions with our service), and to process and administer consumer surveys. In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal or other information. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your personal information except in connection with providing their services.
• Promotional offers: We may offer joint promotions or programs that, in order for your participation, will require us to share your information with third parties. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these third parties are responsible for their own privacy practices.
• Business transfers: In connection with any reorganization, restructuring, merger or sale, or other transfer of assets, we will transfer information, including personal information, provided that the receiving party agrees to respect your personal information in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
Whenever in the course of sharing information we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area and other regions with comprehensive data protection laws, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
You may also choose to disclose your information in the following ways:
• While using the GETV service you will have opportunities to post reviews or other information publicly, and third parties could use the information you disclose;
• Certain portions of our service may contain a tool which gives you the option to share information by email, text message and social or other sharing applications, using the clients and applications on your smart device;
• Social plugins (including those offered by Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google) allow you to share information on those platforms.
Access to Your Account and Profiles
In order to provide you with ease of access to your account and to help administer the GETV service, we implement technology that enables us to recognize you as the account holder and provide you with direct access to your account without requiring you to retype any password or other user identification when you revisit the GETV service. You can choose not to take advantage of this feature on your computer by unchecking the box "Remember me on this device" when you log in to the website. To remove access to your GETV account from your devices: (a) visit "Your Account", choose "Sign out of all devices", and follow the instructions to deactivate your devices (note, deactivation may not occur immediately) or (b) delete your GETV settings from your device (steps vary by device and the option is not available on all devices). Where possible, users of public or shared devices should log out at the completion of each visit. If you sell or return a computer or GETV ready device, you should log-out and deactivate the device before doing so. If you do not maintain the security of your password or device, or fail to log out or deactivate your device, subsequent users may be able to access your account, including your personal information.
If you share or otherwise allow others to have access to your account, they will be able to see your information, including in some cases personal information, such as your watch history, ratings, reviews and account information (including your email address or other information in Your Account). This remains true even if you use our profiles feature.
Profiles allow different members of your household to have a distinct, personalized GETV experience, built around the movies and TV shows they enjoy, such as personalized recommendations and separate watch histories. Please note that profiles are freely available to everyone who uses your GETV account, so that anyone with access to your GETV account can navigate to and use, edit or delete any profile. You should explain this to others with access to your account, and if you do not wish them to use or update your profile, be sure to let them know.
If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email or SMS, simply access the email and text messages settings page in the "Your Account" section of our website and uncheck those items to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the "unsubscribe" link in the email or reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the SMS message. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain email correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
You can opt in to receive mobile push notifications from GETV. If you subsequently decide you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can use your mobile device’s settings functionality to turn them off.
To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our website, as well as other types of online tracking and Internet advertising, see the Cookies and Internet Advertising section (below).
We give you access and the ability to update a broad range of information about your account, including your contact information and your communication preferences in the "Your Account" portion of our website. You must be signed in to access "Your Account."
If you have a question regarding our privacy practices, or want to exercise your rights regarding your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe we use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Other Websites, Platforms and Applications